You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out :)
1. First Name: Lieke, surprise surprise~
2. Age: 17. I'm rather sick of being 17, since everyone is all driving around and getting into 18+ clubs without any trouble, and I'm left hitching rides and pretending I'm older :(
3. Location: Breda, in the south of the Netherlands. It's an okay city, around 200000 people I believe. We've got a proud history of being awesome and stealing silver from the Spanish and building forts and shit!
4. Occupation: Shoe-salesperson :( Currently looking for another job.
5. Partner?: Nope! Breda is not very cool when it comes to picking up chicks, there's only one gay bar :(
6. Kids: Teehee silly question.
7. Brothers/Sisters: My dad seriously went at it: I've got 4 siblings, 2 from my mom, 2 from my dad's first wife. Though I don't see the oldest, Patrick (36), I do see the youngest, Roy (34), and we get along great. He's an artist/cleaning person and he's got a fantastic sense of humour (this includes practical jokes; even when he's mad he's funny. He once put polyurethane in someone's car. And not a little, either.), so every time he comes over (these days with his equally cool girlfriend, with whom he should get kids asap) it's awesome.
Then there's my full brother Joep, who's 26 now. We share a lot of interests, love anime and manga, the same kind of music, etc. etc.. We used to fight a lot, but we really mellowed out. He's a really cool guy, véry laid-back, though sometimes he thinks he knows a little more than he actually does.
And then there's my sister, Nelleke, who's 15. We've really grown a lot closer over the last few years, since the three years we're apart sort of got in the way before (I wasn't adult enough to let it go, she was too young to understand and just bit back-- we fought a lot). We're not as much alike as me and Joep, since she's much more introverted, but at least we've got the same sense of humour!
8. Pets: 2 cats (Bowie and Charlie, the first small and a bit skittish, the second huge, playful, and an enormous lazybutt; they are both orange), a bunch of chickens, some doves, and fish in the pond :D
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
Trying to find a good address to au pair at; going through the whole 'graduation' process of going to parties and seeing people I might never see again; uhhh there should be a third here, but all I do these days is laze around.
10. Parents: My mom and dad, Fransje and Henry. My mom's a midwife who's worked insanely hard and still does so. She's amazing at her job, has done it for 25 years already, and basically all women with children in Breda know who she is. She wasn't around much when I was little, because she worked so much, which I sometimes regret when I look at my friends who are really close to their mothers. But it's alright, she's a great mom. She doesn't like to be in the spotlight, she just wants to do her job and be with her family. She's so naive it's funny sometimes, not getting the more subtle jokes and such things.
My dad raised us, basically, while my mom was at work. He quit his job in Rotterdam when I was born (he used to work in the Z, which means taking care of 'mentally challenged' people, such as people with the Down syndrome), so he could take care of me and my brother, and later my sister as well, without having to get a babysitter all the time. He tries to keep up with the times, even though he's 60, and does a pretty admirable job of it. But he's always had problems with his health, and the last few years it's been getting worse. His memory isn't what it used to be, his back gets worse, you know, such things. He gets cranky because of that, I think, and at such times you really notice he's not the youngest in the bunch. He's very protective of his daughters, which is sweet, but sometimes it gets really annoying. If my mom wasn't there to sush it a bit, I wouldn't be allowed to go a kilometre from home at 12 in the night-- and my neighbourhood consists of old people and young people with kids. But he's a good guy when he's in a good mood-- you just gotta know when he is and not speak up when he isn't :'D
that was longer than expected.
11. Who are some of your closest friends? Eva, Camille and Yorna, I'd say; I've known them since I was 11, though we weren't friends for all those years. But still, I'd say 5 years is pretty long. I wouldn't want to leave out my online friends, though, some of which I've grown really close to over the years; Tsu, Victor, Matty, Otter, Pasket, Matt, Ali.... well, I'm a pretty lucky Lieke :3