Please copy the topics below, erase my answers and put yours in their place, and then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration. One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out. (:
1. First Name: Lieke. I just go by it everywhere, it works for everything, no need to shorten it, that's it.
2. Age: 19 /o/ idk how to elaborate on that, meme.
3. Location: Breda, Netherlands. It's a great city, not too big, not too small. I live in a great, calm neighbourhood, in a nice three-story house. I'm like 5 minutes away from everything, but it's still a little isolated. Calm, very family-y. I like it a lot.
4. Occupation: Student. That's all, really. I don't have time for a job, seriously, wth.
5. Partner?: Not for a long, long time.
6. Kids: I like kids, but I don't have 'em. They're cute enough when I can give them back to someone after a couple hours. Being an au pair sorta, you know. WArps your view on kids. not that I don't like them! I will probably want kids once I'm settled down.
7. Brothers/Sisters: I have 4 siblings. One younger sister, 16 years old, Nelleke. Then three older brothers: Joep, 27; Roy, 35 (I THINK); and Patrick, 38 iirc. Roy and Patrick are my father's sons from his first marriage, and if you've been on the journal a little longer you'll know the deal with Patrick. If not, here it goes: my father hadn't seen him for 26 years, since his ex-wife kept him away and told him my dad was a scumbag. So we didn't see him, not even when he had kids (of which he has two, a 2-year-old daughter and a 6-year-old son). Around April or something my dad got a letter, explaining that Patrick had had a burn out, and that his psychologist told him he couldn't help him unless he worked out the problems with his father. He did, and he's becoming a bigger part of the family every time he comes over. Which is a lot! He really tries. He's a great guy, if a little stiff.
Anyway. My sister is 16 and wants to be a pediatrician. She's a great girl, though I get really jealous of her sometimes-- smart, pretty, social, funny, you know. But I wouldn't want her to be different. I'm getting closer to her since I came back from Italy, since she's come out of her shell. She has had a boyfriend for like... 5 years or something now, and he's a pretty nice guy.
Joep studied information science, but after working in an office for two years he quit. He started to study to be a history teacher, but he didn't have the money anymore and now he's being a bum. I think he'll probably go back to studying soon. He has a girlfriend who he REALLY likes a LOT, who's currently traveling around Asia (Vietnam first, now she's in Cambodia.)
Finally, Roy is an artist. He works as a cleaner in a home (for like heavily autistic people and stuff), which he likes, and in a place where they make plaster.. stuff. like 20-foot vases for museums. He can't make enough money with his art alone, so. He moved in with his girlfriend last year. I think they're going to try for kids at some point in the near future.
8. Pets: We have two cats, Bowie and Charlie. I like them. I don't know I like cats but I'm not a big pet person, even though technically Bowie is mine.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
1. UNIVERSITY IN GENERAL
2. Research seminar argh argh argh though I love the Morgenthau plan I just don't like the workload
3. medieval history. jesus christ workload, once again. not funny. it's interesting and all but mannn.
THAT IS ALL THAT'S GOING ON IN MY LIFE seriously
10. Parents: My mom, Fransje (50), is a midwife. She works a lot, but she loves her job so that's okay. She's a really calm, level, friendly, but professional person. You can really rely on her. She wasn't home a lot when I was a kid, because she worked even more back then, so I think I never got the chance to be as close to her as my dad. It's not a big difference, though, and I wouldn't know what to do without her.
My dad, Henry (61), is technically a nurse, but has been a stay at home dad since I was born. He gave up his job so that my mom could work. I'm glad he did, for me, because there was always a parent for me and my sister. We got a babysitter like once a year or something when my parents went away with some friends for a weekend. He's a really funny person, very charismatic, very social. Currently he's doing his best to lose a lot of weigh because of diabetes, and if he loses all of it he doesn't have to use medicine. I'm really close to him. My parents are like, my biggest examples. They did such a great job raising us (amirite), and even though I sometimes disagree with them (especially now that my dad is growing older and I'm seeing more of the world), we hardly ever fight.
11. Who are some of your closest friends? I don't really... know. I don't do close friends. I do friends, and I do people I like to hang out with, but I don't have a bff or something. I don't think I've ever had one, really. I isolate myself too much, I think, idk, even though I'm pretty social. I babble away with people when they're there, I just don't realyf eel the need to talk to them outside of school too much or something. Out of sight out of mind, I guess?
Anyway. I got 73 percent on my historiography exam ♥ Very pleased. Other than that, nothing much. How're you?