1. What did you do in 2010 that you've never done before?
Finished a year of University, went to live on my own, went on holiday with my sister... :|a there must be more but I have a shitty memory.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions, so there you go.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my sister in law is pregnant and will give birth in may!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not someone close to me, no, but I went to a funeral (another first time) of my great-aunt's daughter and an old family friend died a few weeks ago.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just Italy this year... I really didn't get a lot of time to travel, which is sad. I had dinner in Antwerp? Haha.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Sex? Haha. Idk I'd like to go abroad more (god willing), hang out with friends more (I try plenty but since my friends have clashing schedules... difficult)... Idk I'm not difficult.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
april 29th, the day I got the key to my very own place. Otherwise I have a terrible memory for dates, so that's all!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing my first year of university, definitely. I worked incredibly hard, don't think I've ever put so much time into studying. I'm proud of myself for doing it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
A real failure? I guess... Not being outgoing and social enough, haha. Most of the time I just don't feel like going out, I'm knackered a lot. But I'm gonna try to do better!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a few colds and I got a mouse-arm. The arm is doing much better now, luckily.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Uh... all my... furniture...? I like my bed!? No, wait, my laptop. Though it's.. in the shop rn... for dust behind the screen....
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My... brother's...? Idk...?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some of my friends turned out to be worse people than I thought. But those people come and go, I don't think that should depress me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My room, both rent and furniture. A lot of money.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
schmoechen and zero_rei visiting! Going to Naples for mny vacation! Once again, going to live by myself!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Jesus idk that's the sorta thing you realise later.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier, I guess?
c) Lol poorer but whocurr.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Didn't i already answer this-- socialising
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
idk I been a good girl
20. How did you spend Christmas?
25th with my parents and sister, mostly cooking and preparing for the 26th, which I spent with those people plus my brothers and their girlfriends, cooking, playing games and hanging out.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I think so, yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Idk i binge-watch stuff-- How I met your mother, Glee... Hm hmm too distracted to think about that.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don't think I really do hate, so no. No one I know personally.
24. What was the best book you read?
Oh damn, I didn't really get to read a lot of fiction, but I really loved A hundred years of solitude, I couldn't stop reading it. Loved it.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mor ve ötesi? Balkan music? I binge-listen-to-music too lol so idrk.
26. What did you want and get?
A room of my own LOL THIS IS GETTING OLD
27. What did you want and not get?
...Sexytimes. I did get a few kisses for the first time in years HOW SAD but nothing more than that. But what're you gonna do? Sex isn't everything, whatever.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Inception was really cool, don't judge me. I still have a few old favourites, but since they're old... Gosh what else did I watch how good are you guys' memories I can'tremember this shit.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 20! I celebrated it like 3 times... once with my family, in the weekend, during the day I cooked and at night they plus some friends came over and we ate and played games and talked; the day of my birthday I made dinner for me and 2 of my housemates, I had to go to school during the day so nothing special, and the thursday after I celebrated with myf riends in a café in Utrecht! Two friends stayed over after. It was good.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
LIVING ON MY OWN JESUS CHRIST I'M BORING
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Feminine with a little tough edge!? I dont'give it much thought I just wear it.
32. What kept you sane?
Occasional time with my family, get taken care of every now and then.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't pay a lot of attention to that... Femke Halsema? Neil Patrick Harris?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
All the political shit going on in the netherlands, not having a cabinet and then getting a right-leaning one, immigration, geert facking wilders, funding for students...
35. Who did you miss?
Idk... themodestotter, Heather... the other people have mostly been around, my family's all been here, if I miss my friends I meet up with 'em!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Try and be happy with who you are and with what you can do-- and try hard to get to the things you want. It's somethign that should speak for itself, but you really have to realise it. I suppose. HM.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Nein I don't think I will thanks.
Well that was a load of crap. Not the year, this post, haha. All in all, I had a good year. Stable with a few peaks. I've been content.